macgpg & squeak VM a wee note

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Mar 7 05:36:01 UTC 2002

Some very observant individuals might have noticed I sign the
official mac VMs with my pgp signature. Now that the os-x version of
GNU pgp is out http://macgpg.sourceforge.net/ I thought I'd use that
versus using the quite old version of pgp for the mac I've got
installed. However the old signatures for the VMs, if you know where
to find them (hint you should dig around in that packaged application
you are using), didn't match. Arg....

But it seems the issue is that when I originally created the
signatures I asked macpgp to use macbinary to package up the file to
sign, which is quite different than signing the raw file. As of yet I
can't figure out how to invoke macbinary against the original VM to
make gpg happy with the results. Sigh...

Thus if you need a gnupg signature for a squeak vm to see if it was
the original one that I distributed, you will need to email me, and
I'll send you a proper gnupg signature for that VM.