[ANN][UNIX] SecurityPlugin

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu Mar 7 09:07:21 UTC 2002

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Tim Rowledge wrote:

> Stephan Rudlof <sr at evolgo.de> is claimed by the authorities to have written:
>
> > In praxis I had to
> > 	rm -fR build/*
> > the build dir (after first trying just 'make clean', etc.), then a fresh
> > 	configure
> > to get it build with
> > 	make
> > then...
> Okay, that suggests to me that some of the dependencies are not really
> there. Perhaps the makefile stuff needs more tweaking. Can we assume
> that you had no particular troubles with the code generation?

Well, the -DDISABLE_SECURITY in Makefile.in was removed. This is used in
sq.h (there is no dependency on sq.h, but even if there was, sq.h itself
did not change). Everything includes sq.h. I don't know exactly what
actually used that define [*]. Ergo: It is safest to just rebuild
everything.

[*] I did a recursive grep for ioCanWriteImage on src/ and platforms/ and
it turned up nothing. It seems it is not used at all? And yes, I can save
the image even in restricted mode on Unix - could someone try this with
the Windows plugin, please?

-- Bert