[ANN][UNIX] SecurityPlugin

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Mar 7 16:19:36 UTC 2002

Bert Freudenberg <bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> Well, the -DDISABLE_SECURITY in Makefile.in was removed.
This was a define to trigger macros that worked around the lack of
the SecurityPlugin . It ought to be completely expunged eventually.

> This is used in
> sq.h (there is no dependency on sq.h, but even if there was, sq.h itself
> did not change). Everything includes sq.h.
Actually plugins don't in general include sq.h. Hm, well the_generated_
plugins code doesn't. I see quite a few of the platform specific files
do. I wonder if that could cause problems at all.

> [*] I did a recursive grep for ioCanWriteImage on src/ and platforms/ and
> it turned up nothing. It seems it is not used at all? And yes, I can save
> the image even in restricted mode on Unix - could someone try this with
> the Windows plugin, please?
It's declared in SecurityPlugin.h and implemented in sqMacSecurity.c &
sqWin32Security.c in my local copy of the platforms tree.

tim
Love may be blind, but marriage is a real eye-opener.