Sound instruments

David N. Smith (IBM) dnsmith at watson.ibm.com
Thu Mar 7 20:28:43 UTC 2002

Yes, it is, assuming that the other end of the adapter is plugged into, say, a keyboard. I've used the Roland LIM-1 cable (and its four pounds of manuals and disks) on an Alesis keyboard quite successfully. Squeak is a bit deficient in handling input MIDI; I had to write some code to convert MIDI input to a form which could be saved to disk (and then used the Georgia Tech code on the Swici to write it to disk.)

Dave

--
David N. Smith
dnsmith at watson.ibm.com