applescript os-x TestOSAPlugin

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Mar 8 01:22:23 UTC 2002

Mmm I can't say I noted anyone desperate for AppleScript on OS-X via Squeak?

However I spent the last two days to determine that if you use the
debug version of the dnyamically loaded AppleScript framework support
libraries, you'll get an error -1753 (script error) on the compile.

Aaaaaaah

This does not occur if you run outside of GDB, or if you use GDB and
the normal dynamic libraries (Aaaaaaaah).

Further more I think one of the early issues is that when AppleScript
is initialized from Squeak it was asked to provide a generic
scripting environment, which might have been fine when AppleScript
was the only environment. However I suspect under os-x, that's not
valid anymore. So I made a Squeak code change to ask for AppleScript
as the scripting environment.

Right now I'm integrating things with Carbon event handling, since
that has broken things.

Mind I knew that old classic call for AEProcessAppleEvent in the old
event handler had to be there for a good reason. I just couldn't get
AppleScript to run to find out why.

Again if any os-x AppleScript users who use Squeak want to beta test
please contact me.