[Q][Morphic][presentation] Highlighting a text

Hannes Hirzel hirzel at spw.unizh.ch
Fri Mar 8 18:32:25 UTC 2002

Hi

Is there another possibility of highlighting a TextMorph (i.e. changing
it's background color for example to yellow) than just wrapping it in
another Morph? I'd like to have that certain TextMorphs in a composite
Morph are highlighted depending on some user or script action.

Instead of having a TextMorph for every single character like in
the hello word example I posted some hours ago I will have a
composite morph where each word is in a single TextMorph.

 p := PasteUpMorph new.
 p color: Color blue twiceLighter twiceLighter twiceLighter.
 p position: 10 at 10.
 p extent: 170 at 100.
 p openInWorld.

 p layoutPolicy: TableLayout new. "lay out contents as a table"
 p listDirection: #leftToRight. "how we want to place the contents"
 p listCentering: #topLeft. "start list at the top"
 p wrapDirection: #topToBottom.
 p wrapCentering: #topLeft.
 p cellInset: 4.
 "p changeDragAndDrop."

('Hello world! How are you doing?' findTokens: ' ') do: [ :word |
 wordTM := TextMorph new.
 wordTM beAllFont: ((TextStyle default fontOfSize: 36) emphasized: 1).
 wordTM contentsAsIs: word asString.
 wordTM color: Color random.
 p addMorphBack: wordTM].

Hannes Hirzel