Connection error

Stephen Pair spair at advantive.com
Sat Mar 9 17:38:40 UTC 2002

Be sure to do "Socket initializeNetwork" first (but I think Scamper does
this for you).

It also might be a DNS issue (although, if you used that machine to
download squeak, I can't imagine how).  If your Windows machine is
configured for DHCP, and you are connected to a LAN that has a DHCP
server, the DNS servers *should* be automatically configured.  If either
of these thing are not true however, then you either need to enable DHCP
(if you are on a LAN that has a DHCP server configured to give out DNS
information) on the Windows machine, or you need to open up the TCP/IP
settings and list the DNS server IP addresses there (usually provided by
your ISP).

Also, you can manually add minnow's IP address (130.207.118.114) to:

   c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

- Stephen