Connection error

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Sat Mar 9 22:13:53 UTC 2002

Andreas,

Now that's interesting. Just to make sure nothing has changed I just
disconnected my DSL line and did exactly what you described (e.g.,
trying to load updates). And it works perfectly well; the dialup
dialogue comes up as expected. The only issue I had was that the name
lookup in Squeak timed out before the connection was established so I
had to "try again" in order to make it work.

Strange ... anyone out there having had success in that area on Win2K?!
Note: I'm suspecting that this may be a Win2K thingy since I did it
successfully on both '98 and XP.

Cheers,
  - Andreas