Issues with 3.2.5 and keyboard

raymondasselin at sympatico.ca raymondasselin at sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 9 13:28:08 UTC 2002

John M McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> wrote:
> >  > Ah, when I type shift-6 into a method window I get the up arrow. Is
> >>  that what you are refering to?
> >
> >Yes, except that I use a 'Canadian-CSA' keyboard so the mapping is not
> >the same as your. For example shift 6 is an interrogation point. The 'up
> >arrow' as you name it is the key at the right side of the letter 'p'
>
> What's the ascii value of the key you want that you get in 3.2.4.

John I don't want a new, or a special key, I'm trying to figure what's
going on. The fact is lots of keys are intercepted and produce 'error: subscript is out of
bound: -xx ' where xx is the the ascii number of the key pressed. This
was not the case with VM 3.2.4

I tested my keyboard and some keys are not defined. The following ones
#(-22 -52 -55 -56 -61 -94 -98 -112 -113 -114 -119 -124 -125 ) are doing something in my
french (Canadien-CSA) keyboard but produce the message 'error: subscript
is out of bound: -xx ' others are not defined but do nothing.

This is with Squeak 3.3-4798 and VM 3.2.5