need an sunit for applescript plugin. Among other issues...

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Mar 10 06:53:08 UTC 2002

I've managed to get the Applescript TestOSAPlugin to work with OS-X.
Now accepting beta testers.

This was an interesting adventure because of the conversion to the
carbon event model and usage of pthreads. It seems the OSAExecute or
OSADoScript call must be done on the main UI thread, versus a
secondary thread to avoid a deadlock with carbon event logic. Oh what
fun that was to figure out.

However I do need someone to code up a SUnit to ensure everything
with this plugin works as required. I could do this myself, but there
is only so many hours in a day, and I'm sure someone out there
actually really really needs this plugin and having proof it actual
works might make their job easier. It also helps met the goal of have
Sunits for each plugin so one can actually do cross platform testing
or give one a warm fuzzy feeling before send a new VM out.

Lastly I'm surprised no-one (other than two kind souls who've
suggested they could commit time in the distant future) have offered
to help with the windows mpeg3lib plugin. Somehow I think there are
no windows developers out there?