[VA] [GOODIE] Squeak Emulation for VA

Francisco Garau fgarau at softhome.net
Sun Mar 10 20:58:10 UTC 2002

Hi,

Those who work in VisualAge (and miss the Squeak shortcuts) might be
interested in this goodie I am preparing.

It is an Envy library includes which includes three applications:
    - FgCore (extensions to EsString, SequenceableCollection, Stream, etc)
    - FgView (extensions to CwText, CwAccelerator, OSLargeText, etc)
    - FgDev  (extensions to EtWindow and several methods that are only
meaninful during development time)
    - FgHooksToGsTools (the hooks to happily live with GsTools from GoodStart)

You get:
    - Automatic line selection (as in Squeak)
    - Alt-d (doIt), Alt-p (printIt), Alt-i (inspectIt), etc
    - Dan Ingalls selector hunting (with Alt-n for senders and Alt-m
for implementors)
    - Alt-b to open a browser on the class (the selection has to be a
class)
    - Alt-h to see the class hierarchy (the selection has to be a
class)
    - Alt-W to find all the symbols that contain the selected text
    - Alt-(, Alt-[, Alt-" to put or remove parenthesis, brackets,
quotes, etc., around the selected text (as in Squeak)

I plan to continue this work. If anyone wants to help, please tell me.
My to do list is in FgDev>>#toDo.

Enjoy it!

Francisco Garau