Plugin creation question...

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Mar 11 23:07:58 UTC 2002

> One question, however:  I'm attempting to create a simple plugin that
> makes use of some external libraries (in UNIX).  When I run the VM with
> my new plugin, it fails to find the functions referenced in the external
> library.  However, if I hack up the makefile and add the missing libraries
> to the squeak executable build line, it works fine.
>
> What is the proper way to do this?
Adding the libraries to the makefile seems perfectly ok, but you might
like to take a look at how plstforms/unx/plugins/Mpeg3Plugin/mkMakeRules
is used (in platforms/unix/misc/util/mkMake for example). Lex is
responsible for this innovation and I suggest you hit on him for details
if it is not clear to you.

> (FWIW I'm working from the NuBlu book on this..very informative stuff!)
Glad to hear it. People worked really hard on it. Appreciation is all we
get from it - no royalties :-(

tim

Useful random insult:- Enjoys listening to telemarketers.