VM Profiling in Linux

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue Mar 12 00:28:16 UTC 2002

Anthony Hannan <ajh18 at cornell.edu> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> In the BC image, 76% of all methods have no temps (excluding args).  So
> maybe it will be worth it to put temp reservation/intialization into a
> bytecode.
Maybe; it would have to move the SP up, nil out the claimed temps..
might work. I imagine a 'ClaimTemps' bytecode could be made, though
you'd either need several (1,2,3 etc) or have to fetch the number
required from somewhere like the method header. Do you think it likely
to end up more efficient than the normal activate code?

tim
That random sigliner is at it again...
Avoid temporary variables and strange women.