CPU-Usage again

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Mar 12 03:09:38 UTC 2002

"Stephen Pair" <spair at advantive.com> wrote:
> Lex Spoon wrote:
> > Oh, by the way, don't run it in a MVC project.  There's some
> > bug involving the virtual screen being too small ("headless"
> > mode actually pretends that there is a display, and just
> > doesn't show it on the physical monitor.)
>
> Can the display size be adjusted when in headless mode?  Also, it would
> be nice to have the option not to shrink the display when in headless
> mode (I've had needs to actually render the display to a browser in the
> past).  I don't believe the -headless option shrinks the display on
> windows (I guess this is because it's designed to work in the system
> tray).

It's fixable, so no one has really looked into it.  The easiest fix is
to run in Morphic.  The second easiest is to fix MVC to cope with a
64x64 window.

But yes, using the size from the .image file would be sensible, aside
from all these other issues.  This is *real* easy, since all the right
variables are already present -- I'll commit the code for it to SF now.

It would also make sense to allow changing the size of the virtual
display, but that isn't even implemented for headful displays right now.

-Lex