Real printing plugin?

Marcel Weiher marcel at metaobject.com
Tue Mar 12 11:46:02 UTC 2002

On Sunday, March 10, 2002, at 03:46 PM, Michael Fremont wrote:

> I'm building an application for non-expert endusers, and I would be
> very interested in being able to print on Windoze.  However, because
> my users will be total newbies, they need to be able to *print*, not
> output postscript files to some third-party app they don't have and
> can't install/configrure.

As explained in another post, the way to achieve this would be to create
a canvas similar to the one in MorphicPostscript, except that it would
have to generate something that Windows understands (GDI calls or a
Windows Metwafile).

Then you'd have a basis for hooking that up to the OS-level printing
routines.

> In reading the list it was my impression that such a thing was not
> currently possible.  Did I misread?

Really just ASMOP ;-)

Marcel

--
Marcel Weiher				Metaobject Software Technologies
marcel at metaobject.com		www.metaobject.com