translucent B3DSceneObjects with texture?

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Tue Mar 12 21:26:43 UTC 2002

Oops. Sorry I forgot about that message. Short answer is: No, not
without using hardware accelerated rendering. The software renderer does
not support alpha operations. But even the hardware renderer needs a
separate sorting path in order to display alpha correctly which is not
explicitly implemented. In short that means you have to make sure that
the rendering order is 'correct' - meaning that first you need to
display all non-alpha objects and then all alpha objects so that opaque
objects behind a transparent one get drawn (if you don't sort 'em the
transparent objects will fill the z-buffer and the opaque objects behind
it don't show through).

Cheers,
  - Andreas