Real printing plugin?

Marcel Weiher marcel at metaobject.com
Wed Mar 13 11:49:53 UTC 2002

On Wednesday, March 13, 2002, at 01:12 AM, Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:

> What an amazing system Squeak is.
> Thanks to HJH and others, I was able to
>  - make a two-page "book"
>  - use Ctrl-mouse to bring up a menu that included saving PS to a file
>  - save ps to a file of my own choice (extension excepted)
>  - view the resulting PS file in MacGS, and find that it worked;
>    I did actually get a two-page PS file.
>
> The image area and text were considerably larger than they had been
> in Squeak.

How do you mean, larger?  The Morphic Postscript routines assume 1
pixel = 1 point ( 1/72 inch ).  Since the output is device independent,
you can scale it to your needs, though I don't know if there is any
Squeak front-end for doing this.

There are also some scale-to-fit options that may have been activated.
Quite a few people have worked on the output routines in the meantime.

>  What general rule applies to size here?  If I have a
> W-by-H morph with P-"point" text in it, what area and font size
> should I expect in the PS file that results?

Typically W x H, with P-point font.  The substituted fonts may appear
different, though.

Marcel

--
Marcel Weiher				Metaobject Software Technologies
marcel at metaobject.com		www.metaobject.com