Plugin creation question...

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Wed Mar 13 13:17:43 UTC 2002

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Kevin Fisher wrote:

> Hi Lex:
>
> I initially generate my plugin via VMMaker, but my subsequent hacking
> on my plugins use the simple 'PluginName translate' facility to generate
> updated C files for my plugin.
>
> If I use VMMaker each time, will this magically take care of the library
> problems?

There is no magic ;-)

> Specifically, my plugin uses libglib and libxmms.  When I attempt
> to use it, it complains that it cannot find references to functions  found
> in libglib and libxmms.  If I link the VM executable to -lglib -lxmms,
> the problem goes away, however.

Sure. This is the Right Thing if the plugin is compiled internally. If it
is made external, however, the plugin itself shoulf be linked to that
libs, not the VM.

> > 	2. With recent CVS snapshots, you can do "make update" instead of
> > running configure again.  This is a little faster.

Actually this would be more useful if sqNamedPrims.o was rebuild, too.
There should be some dependencies added, specifically on
src/sqNamedPrims.h ...

-- Bert