Extracting native code from C

Anthony Hannan ajh18 at cornell.edu
Wed Mar 13 16:55:13 UTC 2002

John M McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> wrote:
> Normally you need to indicate to the hosting OS and processor that
> this chunk of data is now instructions. This becomes very important
> where you have hardware architectures that have different cache lines
> for data and for instructions.
> You should take a look at the jitter 3 stuff.

I did but I could not find where it was doing anything like this.  Is there
a C system call that we can use for designating memory as code or data?
If there is maybe we can #ifdef it out for platforms that don't need it and
don't understand it.

Bert Freudenberg <bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote:
> SunOS: works
> IRIX: crash

Thanks, Bert.  Do you think the IRIX crash is related to what John is
saying above?