John's email

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Mar 13 18:05:01 UTC 2002

In case anyone emailed me from Europe (let alone Asia) and didn't get
a response from me, you should be aware that my ISP invoked a spam
rule last week to deflect eastern Asia spam that relied on blocking
any mail containing any unicode values. -> Content rejected.

This as some folks let me know blocks people in Europe who have mail
systems that are unicode aware who might have sent me mail and have
say embedded accented characters in their names.

My ISP was kind enough to remove the block this morning. So if you
email me about a Mac VM 3.2.x issue or the list looking for a
response from me and didn't get it, you'll need to resent it.