pruning older versions of a method

Roger Whitney whitney at cs.sdsu.edu
Wed Mar 13 20:15:27 UTC 2002

Stef,
	If you are trying to purge some of your early code, you can file
out the classes you wish to keep, then file in those classes in clean
image. I find it a good idea to periodically load my code into a clean
image.

>At 18:15 13/03/02, you wrote:
>> >is there a way to have a class automatically scanned so that only the more
>> >recent version of each of its methods is kept ?
>>
>>If you mean only the current version, then YES, just evaluate
>>
>>         Smalltalk condenseChanges
>>
>>If you mean the current plus the most recent older version, then NO.
>>
>>But.. why bother? Are you running out of disk space?
>

>not quite, but some of my methods have dozens of useless versions with ugly
>syntax errors and stupid code, as I just started to learn Smalltalk. I felt
>like cleaning all of this: more a psychological need than anything else :)
>

>Stef

Roger Whitney              Mathematical & Computer Sciences Department
whitney at cs.sdsu.edu        San Diego State University
http://www.eli.sdsu.edu/   San Diego, CA 92182-7720
(619) 583-1978
(619) 594-3535 (office)