PPS: [FIX][OSProcess][Unix][VMMaker] OSProcessFix-sr v2.0

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Thu Mar 14 15:20:34 UTC 2002

Lex Spoon wrote:

> Bert Freudenberg <bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote:
>
> > Although we'll have to think again if using _exit() per my suggestion
> > doesn't circumvent this automatism - there might be a dangling segment
> > now. I cannot recall the tool name that lists shared segments ... anyone?
> >

> Err, uh, ipcs I believe.

Correct. After starting Squeak with -xshm:

sr at karl:~$ ipcs

------ Shared Memory Segments --------
key        shmid      owner      perms      bytes      nattch
status
0x00000000 98305      sr        777        3027680
2

------ Semaphore Arrays --------
key        semid      owner      perms      nsems      status

------ Message Queues --------
key        msqid      owner      perms      used-bytes   messages

Greetings,

Stephan

PS: Great to learn something new about Linux here!