Q: How to create a command button

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Mar 14 17:46:08 UTC 2002

On Thursday 14 March 2002 08:32 am, Ken G. Brown wrote:
> Another question about buttons, or morphs in general...
>
> If I drag a 'Press Me' button out of the Supplies flap into the World, how
> can I thereafter send it a message from a workspace, eg. to change color?
> Or create another button to do this to the first button? Once I could do it
> from the workspace of course from the previous messages, I can now tell a
> button to do it.

In the workspace's menu, check "create textual references to dropped morphs".
Now when you drop a Morph on the workspace, it will be rejected (and slide
back to where it was), but it will be given a name and entered in the
workspace's bindings. And that name will be pasted in the workspace for you
to refer to the morph.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA