Read-eval loop with prompt + user input

Martin Drautzburg martin.drautzburg at web.de
Fri Mar 15 06:27:59 UTC 2002

I guess what I am looking for is something like "terminal" and a way
to read() and write() from/to it procedurally speaking.

Reading from a Terminal must be possible becuase the Workspace does
it, yet not after a CR but after Cmd-D.

I don't know how to write to a Terminal.

I may be completely off the beaten track, just because I am so used to
writing little prgrams as shellscripts or in Perl. These often prompt
the user for things like "do you really" and stuff like that. In a way
I like this better than popping up a window, you don't have to take
your hands off the keyboard. I am very cmdline oriented and too many
menus and popups drive me nuts after a while.