Agent Based Simulation in Squeak?

Hannes Hirzel hirzel at spw.unizh.ch
Fri Mar 15 14:31:39 UTC 2002

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Dwight Wilson wrote:

> Has anything been written in Squeak to support agent-based simulation?
> Something like Swarm (Objective-C)
Yes,

A similar example like the heat bug example
http://www.swarm.org/examples-heatbugs.html
is in Squeak

1) Open the world menu and choose "objects"

2) Click on "StarSqueak"

3) Drag out a "SlimeMoldMorph"

or Repast (Java)?

>Squeak would
> be an excellent platform for this kind of work.  I started writing
> something based on Swarm, but before I put any real time into it I
> wanted to see what was already out there.

You mean a simulation or an implementation of a simulation framework
based on the swarm concepts.

This topic has been mentioned before on this list. It would be valuable if
somebody (you?) could do some research and write up a summary