[Q] Need recepie to change morphic look

Stephan B. Wessels swessels at one.net
Sun Mar 17 17:11:07 UTC 2002

On 3/16/02 11:26 PM, "Doug Way" <dway at riskmetrics.com> wrote:

> Mostly true.  But someone did create a Themes/Skins package awhile ago
> for Squeak (2.8 maybe?) which does let you do this.  It was rather
> large, though, so it probably wasn't really practical to incorporate in
> the standard release.  This package may or may not work with 3.2, I'm
> not sure.  Look on the Screenshots page of the swiki for it, or do a
> search (for "theme" or "skin") on the swiki.

Hi Doug.  That was me.  You are correct in that the skins project was never
updated to anything past V2.8a.  It worked great on 2.8a and I received a
lot of positive feedback.  There's more information about the state of that
project and a link here:

    http://w3.one.net/~swessels/pages/steve/squeak/index.html

I did make an effort to update the code to work with V3.0 and published some
of that code on the Super Swiki about a year ago.  See:

    http://209.143.91.36/super/119

But I never completed the job of the 3.0 port.  There were serious changes
still happening to Morphic and I put off completing the project.  The whole
"skins" idea was really just my first Morphic based work and I was using it
to understand how certain things work in Morphic.

- Steve