3.2.5 mac vm stability (vote please)

Henrik Gedenryd h.gedenryd at open.ac.uk
Tue Mar 19 14:20:53 UTC 2002

John M McIntosh wrote:

> Ok, it's very possible that the mac classic vm from 3.2.1 onwards has
> an issue with some computers where after sleep it refuses to
> recognize the keyboard. I'm still confirming this issue but I think
> it relates to the code I added to decouple the left/right shift keys.
>
> If that is the case then that code will disappear because it's not
> workable for most laptops, and not present in the os-x version
> because of how it interfaces to the hardware and now it appears there
> is a problem with it's interaction with the sleep logic.

Yes, I've had occasional freeze-ups (quite rare) but I thought it was caused
by a new Blt mode I've written (which was strange because it should be
bug-free, really ;-), however I've not been able to collect any conclusive
evidence pointing in either direction. If you have something that should fix
it I'd be happy to try it, however it's been very hard to provoke this
freeze-up to occur.

Henrik