Whoa, the environment has become too heavy...

Mayuresh Kathe mayuresh at vsnl.com
Tue Mar 19 15:49:54 UTC 2002

Hi all,

I am back on the list after almost 18 months.

The first thing I noticed after download the new (3.0) version was its
resource requirements.

I have an iMac 233 with 64Mb RAM and the thing crawls, I had to set my
screen res to 800x600 restrict colors to 16bit and within squeak stop the
rounding of windows and menu colors to make it workable.

Have I missed out on anything, any tricks to make it work faster?
(What would be the best way to get it work like its on steroids?)

Eagerly awaiting your replies.

~Mayuresh