Using CCodeGenerator for something beyond Plugins

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Wed Mar 20 10:35:02 UTC 2002

Hi Marcel,

> Well, I've done an Objective-C converter that does this.  It turns the

> Smalltalk objects into Objective-C objects and Smalltalk message sends

> into Objective-C message sends.

> If this sounds helpful, I can try and dig it up.

	Please do so. I guess it's not too much to adapt it to generate
C++.

	Then with a little bit of more work, one can right click on the
'Compiler' class, then 'Translate to ...' would give a Squeak Compiler
in Objective C (C++, C#, Java...).

	Then nothing (?) would prevent one to preJIT a whole Squeak
application by translating all Squeak objects and compile to the native
machine code.

	I am very excited.

	Cheers,

	PhiHo.