Native Windows VM extension

Frank Lesser Frank-Lesser at Lesser-Software.com
Thu Mar 21 11:24:32 UTC 2002

Hi,

Recently we got some interest on our "LSWST Squeak Windows-Bindings"
which we made a year ago.
We didn't publish yet and finally decided first not do so.
But after rethinking the topic and observing the heavy frequency on the
Squeak-ML we may change our mind.
We don't want to publish our work and loose any control over it. So we
like to publish a VM-extension ( DLL )
which must be registered with us but is available free of charge and is
intended for non-commercial use.

Our extension would enable to do native windows-programming with Squeak.

We will publish the core Windows-Bindings ( KernelDLL, GDIDLL, UserDLL )
but no high level frameworks.
The difficulty will be to create a general GUI framework which includes
Morphic-FW on Native Windows.
Please give us response whether we should resume this work
(synchronization with the BC-VM must be done ).
We have already moved over our whole development efforts to the .NET
platform and we are a small firm publishing can be in 1-2 months (after
our LSW-Dotnet-Reflection-Browser release ).
I will be out of office today.
Frank