[BUG?] PluggableTextMorph

Joseph Holland King gte743n at cad.gatech.edu
Wed Mar 20 21:03:23 UTC 2002

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 08:00:48AM -0800, Ned Konz had the gall to say:

> So in displayOn:using:at:, positionWhenComposed is nil.
>
> Looking at where this gets set, we see moveBy: , but this couldn't be it,
> because it gets set to the result of #+, which isn't likely to result in a
> nil.

this will only halt (just a self halt in the method no conditional) when
i get the red box and only after i get the displayOn:using:at: error.

here the positionWhenComposed is set to delta, previously positionWenComposed
is 0 at 0

> The other place that this is set is in NewParagraph>>positionWhenComposed:.
>
> So I'd put a conditional halt in that method to find out who is setting it to
> nil:
>
> NewParagraph>>positionWhenComposed: pos
> pos ifNil: [ self halt ].
> positionWhenComposed _ pos.