[Dynapad] Resizing on a Touchscreen?

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Fri Mar 22 09:45:45 UTC 2002

Hola,

I've been using Kevin's TinySqueak 3.0 image on my iPAQ 3150 w/
PocketPC 2000.  When I grab a yellow-dot handle, it goes into resize mode.
On the desktop, when one releases the mouse button, it goes out of
resize-mode.  However, on the iPAQ, it stays in resize mode.  The only
remedy I've found so far is to restart (!) the image whenever I
accidentally hit a resize handle.  I've not tried to figure out where
resizing occurs, and compared the sources between 3.0 and 2.6 yet, but
just thought I'd check to see if anyone else has had a similar problem.

Yoshiki's Morphic.image Squeak 2.6 image doesn't exhibit this problem.

In related news, I've updated the Dynapad (Squeak PDA Environment) some,
mostly with the undergrad project grant proposal being up now.
Unfortunately, I can only get funding to allow me to work part time for
the summer, around 16 hours a week, so the goals of this segment are very
limited.  It's not yet been approved, but my advisor and I expect it to
be. If you're interested in this project, have a look back closer to the
summer, I'll keep it updated as I'm doing real work on it.

Anyone else trying to use Squeak a lot on a PDA, especially under WinCE?

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"the profit system follows the path of least resistance and following the path
    of least resistance is what makes a river crooked."   ::  u. utah phillips