[Unix][VM] Sound (was: Re: [GOODIE] kgf-X10Driver - Control Wireless Remotes from Squeak)

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Mar 22 11:56:07 UTC 2002

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, John Hinsley wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Tim Rowledge wrote:
>
> > PS should /dev/dsp really be
> > 0 crw------- 1 tim root /dev/dsp
> > ? Is this why I get no sound from squeak, but a console message of
> > /dev/dsp: No such device whenever I try the sound stuff?
>
> Maybe, but I doubt it: I used to get the /dev/dsp: No such device
> message when I had no sound module installed (because I didn't have a
> supported sound card).

True. I have the same permissions and sound works fine.

Does the volume control work for others? I mean the one in the Nav Bar
after you enabled includeSoundControlInNavigator? It changes the volume
here but with a lot of clicks and not proportionally - actually it seems
rather random to me ...

-- Bert