[Dynapad] Resizing on a Touchscreen?

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Fri Mar 22 17:07:40 UTC 2002

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Kevin Fisher wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 03:45:45AM -0600, Aaron J Reichow wrote:
> > Hola,
> >
> > I've been using Kevin's TinySqueak 3.0 image on my iPAQ 3150 w/
> > PocketPC 2000.  When I grab a yellow-dot handle, it goes into resize mode.
> > On the desktop, when one releases the mouse button, it goes out of
> > resize-mode.  However, on the iPAQ, it stays in resize mode.  The only
> > remedy I've found so far is to restart (!) the image whenever I
> > accidentally hit a resize handle.  I've not tried to figure out where
> > resizing occurs, and compared the sources between 3.0 and 2.6 yet, but
> > just thought I'd check to see if anyone else has had a similar problem.
>

> Hmm, that sounds vaguely familiar...I seem to recall that behaviour, but
> it was quite simple to get out of that mode by just holding and releasing
> the stylus, as I recall.  I never encountered a situation where I needed
> to restart to get out of that.

Doesn't work, under WinCE, at least. When it's in resize mode, it renders
(?) the resize at the point where you tap-and-hold, but subsequent clicks
also resize.

> I'm hoping to resuscitate my work on the iPaq sometime..I'm hoping the
> new Modules stuff will let me streamline the image a lot more.

Awesome.  I'm hoping to try to use modules to get the base image really
small, loading what is needed.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"a system based on exchanging products inevitably channels wealth to a few, and
   no governmental change will ever be able to correct that."  ::  daniel quinn