[T-SHIRT] was: [FIX][OSProcess][Unix][VMMaker] OSProcessFix-sr v2.0

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Sat Mar 23 20:37:06 UTC 2002

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002, David T. Lewis wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 02:48:26PM +0100, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> > On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, David T. Lewis wrote:
> >
> > > I think that this is going to be some obscure problem in sqXWindow.c,
> > > but it will be a hard bug to find. Whatever the problem is, at least
> > > it is repeatable now.
> >
> > It is just not a good idea to call shmExit() in the child.
> >
> > Also, you should be using _exit() instead of exit() when exec() failed,
> > because the latter calls the atexit functions which harm the running
> > image.
> >
> > I'll attach a changeset. Do I get a T-Shirt now? :-)
>
> OK, the t-shirt is in the mail. You should receive it at the university
> in about a week.

Great! Anybody else some bugs to squash? ;-)

Strangely, this reminds me of a fairy tale of my childhood ... I feel like
"Das Tapfere Schneiderlein" (an English version is here:
http://www.dsingley.com/GrimmFairyTales/TheValiantLittleTailor.html)

> It's a particularly nauseating shade of lime green with Tim's world
> famous, universally acclaimed Squeak logo on the front. My girlfriend
> took one look at it, gasped in horror, and exclaimed "Oh! I'ts *awful*!!!"
> I think you're going to like it a lot.

Oh, I'm sure. I'll report back when my wife has seen it ...

-- Bert