JH's MediaView (was Re: Squeak for everyday use??)

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Tue Mar 26 22:28:46 UTC 2002

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Mayuresh Kathe wrote:

> This one sure is promising, whoa, I was totally blown out.
> Why isn't PARC releasing it?
> It would be a great tool for all of us.
>
> Probably heavy weights like Alan Kay, Dan Ingalls, et all could help the
> Squeak community out here?

Well, I do'nt think it's PARC's to release.  Or was Interval owned by
Xerox?  In any case, I think he has permission to release it, I don't know
of the Smalltalk big-guns would do much good in the way of trying to
pressure Jon into releasing it.  I think the guy is just busy or MIA for
the time being.

Someone (Karl, I think) said that the code was up on Jon's server, for a
while, but the link I was given no longer works.  Did anyone happen to
mirror the image that was up for download?

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"a system based on exchanging products inevitably channels wealth to a few, and
   no governmental change will ever be able to correct that."  ::  daniel quinn