Squeak for everyday use??

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Tue Mar 26 22:40:27 UTC 2002

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Mayuresh Kathe wrote:

> Please don't get me wrong.
>
> Morphic *does* look nice (way neater than pure MVC).
> But, it _does_ take up a lot of resources (processor, memory) which could be
> used for more constructive use.
>
> Sorry, no offense meant towards anyone's work.

I didn't ask because I was offended, I'm just honestly curious on what
kind of target you want to run Squeak.  Morphic does take up more
resources than MVC, but it seems to perform sufficiently on a goodly
amount of hardware available today.  I seems mostly fast enough on an iPAQ
running at 206 MHz with 16 MB of RAM.  206 MHz is still pretty fast
though.  Planning on running Squeak on some 486s?

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
  "if i don't stay true to live and hate, how do i differentiate
              between chasing cream and chasing dreams"  :: atmosphere