[ENH] vt100Telnet

Stoffel, Andrew andrew.stoffel at jenzabar.net
Thu Mar 28 18:27:40 UTC 2002

Felix Franz [fefr at gmx.net] squeaked:

> A recent thread ("Squeak for everyday use??") reminded me of
> the telnet stuff I was working on. Well, here it is.

Thanks :-). A huge leap forward.....

> The code is far from perfect, but it is enough to use vim :-)

It "confuses" emacs in the default Mac OS X terminal.

A program (source only) to test VT100 (and more) compatibility can
be found at:

   http://dickey.his.com/vttest/

> I filed it into a 3.2gamma image (#4743) and it worked for me.

With the appropriate changes for modules I was able to file it
into 3.3alpha (#4798) and it appears to work, though I
haven't found out (yet) why it opens a window 99x29 when the
default appears to be 80x24. Odd. But for simple stuff it looks
great.

Thanks :-).

-Andy-