Modules comments and observations

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Mar 27 16:57:51 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 27 March 2002 03:23 am, John-Martin wrote:

> While I am a reasonably experienced programmer,
> I'd class myself as a newbie in Squeak. or at best a
> recreational Squeaker so it's possible I'm missing
> something glaringly obvious.
>
> I have recently upgraded from 3.0 to 3.3a.

Latest does not mean "best for your uses", necessarily.

If I were learning Squeak, I'd probably grab either 3.0 or 3.2gamma. 3.3a is
a long way from release, and will require quite a bit of thinking to get its
module system approaching the functionality that exists in 3.2gamma.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com