[BUG] Problem with FileDirectory>assureExistence (etc)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Mar 28 23:32:32 UTC 2002

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 04:57:15PM -0800, Tim Rowledge wrote:

> The problem is that we get to the root of the faulty path and then keep
> repeating it; either with '' or '/' depending on the OS. I guess there
> needs to be some extra check for the top of the possible tree (unix)
> and/or faulty root names (Acorn, Mac).
>
> I'm not sure what a really clean answer is right now and I'm a bit busy
> right now so I'll leave it as an entertaining exercise for some reader :-)

See ShellSyntax>>isAtFileSystemRoot: in CommandShell for an implementation
which currently works on Unix and Windows. I don't have an Acorn, so I
can't test that.

- Dave

By the way, where would one go to obtain an actual Acorn? I've never
actually seen one, and if I were of an even mildly skeptical nature, I
would be inclined to think ... nah ... they must be real.