Apple hyping java...

gf at zchs.org gf at zchs.org
Fri Mar 29 21:39:06 UTC 2002

While agreeing with your sentiments, a bit of bitter reality has to be
acknowledged in Apple's defense: despite any familial, and even legal,
relationships, it is not Apple's responsibility to promote Squeak (it's
really ours).  Apple's responsibility is to sell Apples, and bringing
attention to the fact that a potential customer's investment in Java
will retain its value if a switch is made to the Apple platform, and
that's just good business.  I don't fault Apple for plugging Java; I
just wish they weren't so blamed SMUG about it.

However, I'm convinced that, were we to drive customers Apple's way
begging for Squeak, they'd cheerfully pronounce they not only support
it, they INVENTED it!  (-:

Gary