Dr. Dobb's

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Mar 31 06:17:29 UTC 2002

On Saturday 30 March 2002 02:14 pm, David T. Lewis wrote:
> Congratulations to Dan Ingalls and Adele Goldberg, who appear on the cover
> of the May 2002 "Dr. Dobb's Journal" as recipients of the 2002 Dr. Dobb's
> Excellence in Programming Award.

They richly deserve the honor. Congratulations!

I wonder why it took so long for DDJ to get to them. I can't imagine that
their contributions have just been noticed...

Prior recipients of this award include:

Anders Hejlsberg, designer of the C# programming language
Alexander Stepanov, developer of the C++ Standard Template Library.
Linus Torvalds, the prime mover of the Linux operating system.
Larry Wall, author of Perl.
James Gosling, chief architect of Java.
Ronald Rivest, educator, author, and cryptographer.
Gary Kildall, a pioneer in the areas of operating systems, programming
languages, and user interfaces.
Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, John Vlissides, and Ralph Johnson, authors of
Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software.
Guido van Rossum, creator of the Python programming language.
Donald Becker, Linux networking contributor and chief investigator of the
Beowulf Project.
Jon Bentley, computer science author and researcher.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com