Why can't I do (aNonSmallInteger becomeFoward: aSmallInteger)?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Mar 31 18:49:14 UTC 2002

On Sunday 31 March 2002 10:27 am, Tim Rowledge wrote:
> You'd probably want to implement a WordInteger class
> to get around this, or you could try living with an ugly hack like
> simply using a size 4 ByteArray.

Who said that Java wasn't inspirational?

[ note to those fortunate enough to have not used Java: there is a class
Integer that exists solely to wrap integer ("int") values, which aren't
objects. This wrapping is needed (for instance) if you want to have integers
in collections, since collections store only Objects. ]

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com