[updates] 14 for Squeak 3.3alpha
Dan at SqueakLand.org
Thu Mar 28 06:26:29 UTC 2002
Here are the summaries for the 14.
Methinks it may be time for some harvesting fairly soon.
4800gZipContents-sw -- Scott Wallace -- 12 March 2002
* Makes the window into which a gZipped file's decompressed contents are projected be a Workspace rather than a plain StringHolder, so that its window-menu will offer 'save contents to a file...', which is frequently useful here.
* Do not automatically append '.text' to the specified filename when a workspace's contents are saved to a file -- instead, *suggest* a .text suffix (and not even that, in the case of a gZipped file being viewed decompressed,) but don't insist on it."
4801jumpHierarch-jla -- Jerry L. Archibald -- May 28, 2001
Modifies the 'jump to project' menu such that the primary project-list is ordered as a tree that reflects the hierarchical structure of the set of projects.
Jerry Archibald (1940-2001) died in June 2001, and this code was his final contribution to Squeak. Published, with minimal modification, by sw, 3/12/2002"
4803MakeActorFix-ar -- Andreas Raab -- 14 March 2002
Fixes a problem reading MDL files."
4804classRefs-sw -- Scott Wallace -- 17 March 2002
Cleans up the problem that references-to-symbol queries were putting up an inappropriate informer on any symbol that was both a submodule-name and a class name -- e.g. Browser, Debugger, FileList"
4805alignSelection-sw -- Scott Wallace -- 20 March 2002
Adds six alignment commands to SelectionMorph's halo manu, allowing groups of morphs to be statically aligned (relative to each other) in various ways."
4806fastFrame-bmk -- Brian Keefer -- 22 March 2002
When fastDragWindowForMorphic is in effect, makes window dragging start relative to where you first clicked, not wherever the mouse jerked to while the SystemWindow was waiting to see if this drag was merely a sloppy click."
4807HTMLTable-tk -- Ted Kaehler -- 22 March 2002
After you parse an incoming web pabe, class HTMLTable is able to deliver its data to you in an Array2D. Very handy.
When grubbing around in web pages, the match: method is very handy. (strm match: 'foo'), advances the stream to just after then next 'foo', and returns true if is found one.
Now added backUpTo:, for going backwards."
4808colorScrollBars-dew -- Doug Way -- 23 March 2002
- Changes the alternativeScrollbarLook so that the inboard scrollbar has the flat, non-rounded look of the original scrollbar, but it matches the window color. (The flop-out scrollbar is still rounded, since the rounded look looks better with the rounded arrows, and the sharper highlighting makes more sense when only one scrollbar appears on the screen at one time.)
- Removes border around this new inboard scrollbar, which looks cleaner, and also saves space.
- Improves the Color>>lighter/darker family to work consistently for lighter and darker shades of color. Basically, #lighter and #darker will now adjust by the same amount, no matter what shade you start from (similar to what #dansDarker attempted). This makes the #raised/inset bevelling of buttons/etc look a lot better. Also tweaks a few users of these methods in the system to adjust for the change. Mostly everything looks fine as is. (The new methods are actually about 10% slower than the old ones on micro benchmarks, but this doesn't seem to be enough to be noticeable in macro benchmarks or in normal use.)
- Fixes keyboard focus highlighting so that the rectangle isn't hidden behind inboard scrollbars. (cleaned up ScrollPane>>innerBounds)
- Permanently hides scrollbars in a few short panes, since they're not needed, and look ugly when inboard. These panes include the top pane of a hierarchy/filecontents browser, the pattern pane of the filelist, and the top pane of the methodfinder.
- Makes the scrollbars fit correctly within the panes, without overlapping borders (when inboard).
- Increases lightening and darkening of window titlebars when active/inactive, so the difference is more noticeable.
- Moves alternativeWindowLook preference to windows category (instead of browsing), since it is window-related.
- Fixes alternativeScrollbarLook scrollbar so that the thumb doesn't darken after you drag it the first time.
- Includes a small fix since the March 14 version, so that translucent/transparent colors are handled correctly.
4809recentChangesColor-dew -- Doug Way -- 24 March 2002
A tweak to correct the multi-selection color in the Recent Changes window, which was trying to darker a transparent color, and was affected by the Color changes."
4810slideToTrash-sw -- Scott Wallace -- 25 March 2002
Applies only when the #preserveTrash preference is true:
When dismissing by halo, slide the object being dismissed to the trash-can. If no trash can is visible on the screen, put one there first.
This update also fixes the problem that when haloTransitions and preserveTrash were both true and you dismissed a morph via halo, a spurious momentary fading halo would appear *in the wrong place* at the topleft of the screen."
4811classListScroll-sw -- Scott Wallace -- 25 March 2002
Addresses two long-standing bugs, both relating to whether the selected class is properly scrolled into view in a browser or Hierarchy Browser freshly launched by some browser-requesting or hierarchy-requesting command.
* One was an off-by-one bug affecting the browse-it and browse-full commands, when the first class just *below* the last one visible in the unscrolled class-list-pane would not properly get scrolled into view.
* The other is worked around rather than fixed; it relates to hierarchy-browsers launched by browse-hierarchy or by browse-it when #alternativeBrowseIt preference is true.
The workaround is to force the list selections to be made a second time, after launch; this takes extra time but results in selections being visible.
* Also (unrelated) fixed here is a bug wherein the hitting of the Enter key into a morphic PluggableTextMorph that was visible in an mvc project could generate an error."
4812projSemiFix-hg -- Henrik Gedenryd -- 24 March 2002
This makes Project windows closable but simply comments out a chunk of Environments-related code that I translated into something equivalent for modules, but really couldn't make sense of."
4813ZipCheckNot-di -- Dan Ingalls -- 27 March 2002
Defeated the content-based Zip Archive test in ArchiveViewer because it caused an error when using the FileList to view a remote server. The problem was because of a bug that can probably be repaired (looking for the remote fileName on the local disk), but I couldn't take the time to fix it so I simply disabled it for now."
More information about the Squeak-dev