Remote access to Celeste db?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed May 1 03:36:39 UTC 2002

Aaron J Reichow <reic0024 at d.umn.edu> wrote:
> I'd like to switch to Celeste.  What has kept me back from doing so is
> that there's no lo-tek way to access my old email remotely.  Which is why
> I continue to use pine. By lo-tek, I mean some way that's accessible by
> just telnet/ssh.

Just by the way, if you have access to a graphical terminal and a
cable-modem or better network connection, you can use Nebraska.  That's
what I do to access my mail remotely.  There is a changeset floating
around to add authentication to Nebraska.

Squeak is nice.  Trying to dumb it down to a text interface or a WWW
interface seems like a doomed project  Granted, email in particular
should be doable....  Alternatively, someone could write an IMAP-based
email reader, and you could simply never download your email for real.
Or, someone could write an IMAP server in Squeak that reads from Squeak
MailDB's.  So many possibilities, none of which are implemented.  :)

Lex