Remote access to Celeste db?

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Wed May 1 22:31:34 UTC 2002

On 1 May 2002, Cees de Groot wrote:

> Aaron J Reichow <reic0024 at d.umn.edu> said:
> >> Squeak is nice.  Trying to dumb it down to a text interface or a WWW
> >> interface seems like a doomed project.
> >
> >Pffft.  There's a lot of that kind of attitude on this list, and I
> >understand it.  Squeak is awesome.  I wish all the computers into
> >with I came in contact ran SqueakNOS, and there were super fast connexions
> >for running Nebraska.  But it is not so.
> >
> Indeed. I need to access my mail from some horribly misguided attempt to
> integrate 'phone' and 'PDA' called the Nokia Communicator. I wish it would run
> SqueakNOS, because whatever it is called they installed on it is worse than
> WinCE. But it doesn't (nor does my real PDA, a Palm device).

Well, at least there is Pocket Smalltalk for both of those! :)

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"a system based on exchanging products inevitably channels wealth to a few, and
   no governmental change will ever be able to correct that."  ::  daniel quinn