[ENH] gentle encouragement to add a class comment (was [RFI] Possible enhancements to work on at the Squeak-End)

Mike Rutenberg mdrs at akasta.com
Thu May 2 16:25:01 UTC 2002

Doug,

I originally did this for 2.8.  I've quickly reworked it for the current
system.

It annotates the class definition (as displayed in the browser) with a
short comment that indicates whether a class comment still needs to be
defined.

This works with both normal and alternative syntax.  It goes away as
soon as a class comment is defined.

I find it looks very busy if I include the whole class comment in the
class definition pane, though it would be relatively straight foward to
do if really desired (have to be careful about quotes).  Also, I think
the "Note:" will stand out more starkly if it is only there when there
is no comment, rather than slightly different text if there is a comment
or not.

Mike