For Linux and FreeBSD (WAS Re: JPEGReadWriter2Plugin - Where can I get a Win32 binary?)

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Thu May 2 21:34:16 UTC 2002

Tim Rowledge wrote:

>I have no problems at all in compiling it under RH7.1/x86 with VMMaker
>and the SF sources. Can't actually test it since I have no suitable
>files; send me a pointer to one and I'll try it for you.
>
>tim

Now *I'm* confused.  Won't the following test it?

   Form fromUser writeJPEGfileNamed: 'test.jpg' progressive: false.

This will invoke the JPEGReadWriter2 class to create a JPEG image called
'test.jpg' in the current directory, and the JPEGReadWriter2 class will
attempt to do it via the JPEGReadWriter2Plugin.so.

In other words,  what do you mean by "I have no suitable files; send me
a pointer to one"?

Nevin