[RFI] Possible enhancements to work on at the Squeak-End

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Thu May 2 17:40:53 UTC 2002

My #1 request is something that I've wanted in Squeak since being introduced to
it:

  THE ABILITY TO HAVE WHITE TEXT ON DARK BROWSER WINDOWS.

Squeak's bright display is a constant assault on my eyes that, sadly, cannot be
inverted without some serious code hacking.

I made a cut at it last January (search Yahoo for "sensible contrast") and even
posted my code, but it turned out to be too much for my limited Morphic
background.

My strategy was to change the various Morphic widgets that painted text, to
change the hard-coded black to white if the luminance was below 50%.  The
problem, if I remember correctly, was I could never find teh correct color, or
I was always getting Color transaparent..