First aid for latest updates

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Fri May 3 00:24:21 UTC 2002

Folks -

After running the latest updates in one of my images, I got an error during save and quit.  There is a method, forgetGrabCommandsInAllMorphs which enumerates all objects in the system, and then performs a check for those that are morphs.  In the process, isMorph gets sent to every object in your system.

I haven't yet figured out why, but some objects were newly obsolete in my image after reading in the latest updates (but it did not happen with several other images), thus causing an error during the enumeration.

If this should happen to you, you can make everything happy again (not perfect, but happy ;-) by filing in the method below.  It's not elegant, but it will probably look pretty good to you if you should encounter the same problem.

	- Dan

!ProtoObject methodsFor: 'comparing' stamp: 'di 5/2/2002 17:06'!
isMorph
	"Only defined here so enumeration in forgetGrabCommandsInAllMorphs
	will not fail in the presence of obsolete objects"

	^ false! !